Victims of Crimes (S, T or U visas) or Domestic Violence (VAWA petitions)

Being the victim of domestic abuse or any other type of crime is frightening enough for most people. But for individuals who are here provisionally or who are without status in the U.S. it is nothing less than terrifying.

At the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins, we offer legal assistance to victims to obtain nonimmigrant visas as follows:

A)      Victims of Certain Crimes (in three categories):

1.) S visas for victims of organized crime or terrorism

2.) T visas for victims of human trafficking

3.) U visas for victims of violent crimes (some common examples include domestic violence, involuntary servitude, kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault, blackmail, and extortion)

All three of these visa categories allow for a potential stay of three years and the eventual possibility to apply for lawful permanent residence. But because each of these visas requires a victim to cooperate in any criminal prosecution, speaking with an immigraation attorney before seeking one is highly recommended.

B)      Victims of Domestic Violence (VAWA spousal self-petitioner)

The 1994 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the Battered Immigrant Women’s Protection Act of 2000 allow individuals who are married to U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents to obtain residency in two ways — through self-petitioning or through cancellation of removal – as follows:

1.)  Self-Petitioning / Battered Spouse Petitions — Instead of depending upon a spouse to apply for residency, a victim of domestic violence can apply for residency independently. The resident spouse plays no role in the process and does not have to know that the applicant is filing a VAWA claim. VAWA is complicated, however, and you should consult with a lawyer before proceeding.

2.)  Cancellation of Removal — This option is available to applicants who are in, or who can be placed into, removal proceedings. Because applicants must be in removal proceedings before VAWA cancellation of removal is possible, it is necessary to see an immigration attorney before this type of VAWA relief is sought.

If you have been the victim of domestic violence at the hands of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident — call or contact us directly (Tel: (954) 046-8130 at our Boca Raton, Florida  law offices to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with an attorney.

The Law Offices of Rose H. Robbins represents clients all over the United States and all over the world.

* Some of the major Florida cities that we serve:

Boca Raton Cape Coral Clearwater Deerfield Beach Ft. Lauderdale  Gainesville Hialeah Hollywood Jacksonville Lighthouse Point Miami  Miami Beach Orlando Pompano Beach Port St. Lucie St. Petersburg Tallahassee Tampa West Palm Beach

* Some of the major Florida counties that we serve

Broward County Duval County Hillsborough County Miami-Dade County Orange County Palm Beach County Pinellas County

You may also fill out the “Contact an Immigration Lawyer” form below for instant delivery to our confidential email system.  The Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will contact you within twenty-four (24) business hours of receipt of this form to discuss your questions. I understand that by submitting this form that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins does not represent me and are are not my attorney and there is no attorney-client relationship by submitting my question or requesting that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins contact me. I understand that the ONLY way that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will represent me is by entering into a written fee agreement/retainer agreement and that this form is not a fee agreement/retainer agreement.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This blog is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Disclaimer : The information provided at this site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or under all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of the Law Offices of  Rose H. Robbins or establish an attorney-client relationship.