Green Card for Parents

torch_1_enhancedThis post describes how you, a U.S. citizen, over the age of 21 and residing in the US,  may petition for parents (currently residing inside or outside the US) to receive  a green card (lawful permanent residence).

Green Card for Parents Help

Contact us today for help in obtaining a green card for your mother and/or father. Call us at: (954) 946-8130 or by email ( rose [at] roserobbins [dot] com) or by filling out the contact form below for direct submission to our office.

A.) Parents Living Outside the US:

You will first file a petition in the US. After the petition is approved,  you will submit further documentation to the U.S. Consulate abroad. The U.S. Consulate will review the package and then schedule your parents for approval. Once approved, the parents will need to enter the US within 6 months. Upon entry into the US, the green card will be mailed to parents within a few weeks.

B.) Parents Living Inside the US:

You will file using the adjustment of status process.The process ends upon attending a green card interview at a local USCIS office. Most cases are approved during the interview and a green card is mailed  within a few weeks.

If there are issues with parents who entered without inspection (EWI) or other issues, then you should discuss those with your immigration lawyer.

Members of the Military

If you or a member of your family is in the U.S. military, special conditions may apply.

The Law Offices of Rose H. Robbins represents clients all over the United States and all over the world.  Please call us at: (954) 946-8130 to schedule your free telephone consultation. You may also fill out the form below for instant delivery to our email system.  We look forward to hearing from you!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This blog is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Disclaimer : The information provided at this site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or under all circumstances. Furthermore, the information provided may not be current as the law changes constantly. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of the Law Offices of  Rose H. Robbins or establish an attorney-client relationship.