P-3 Artist or Entertainer Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program

P-3 visas for Argentine tango performers

P-3 visas for Argentine tango performers

What is the P-3 visa?

 The P-3  classification  [artist or entertainer coming to be part of a culturally unique program] applies to you if you are coming temporarily to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.

 What are the Eligibility Criteria for a P-3 Visa?

 For a P-3 visa, you must be coming to the United States either individually or as a group for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. In addition, you must be coming to the United States to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.

What is the Application Process?

 Your U.S. employer or sponsoring organization must submit a petition with USCIS.

 Please note that a petitioner who will be filing as an agent for multiple employers must establish that it is duly authorized to act as an agent.

 What documents need to be submitted in the application process for the P-3 visa?

 Written consultation from an appropriate labor organization

 A copy of the contract between the petitioner and the beneficiary or the summary of the terms of an oral agreement between the petitioner and the beneficiary

 An explanation of the event and itinerary

Affidavits, testimonials or letters from recognized experts attesting to the authenticity of you or your group’s skills in performing, presenting, coaching or teaching the unique and traditional art forms and giving the credentials of the expert including the basis of his or her knowledge of your or your group’s skills; OR documentation that your or your group’s performance is culturally unique as evidenced by reviews in newspapers, journals or other published materials.

Documentation that all of the performances or presentations will be culturally unique events

 Note: If the events or performances will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary must be submitted. The itinerary must list the dates and locations of the events.

 Will P-3 visa holder be allowed to get any extensions of initial stay needed to complete the event, activity or performance of up to one year?

 Yes. Increments of up to 1 year in order to continue or complete the event, activity or performance.

 Can I Change my Employer?

 You may change employers, but only after your new employer has filed a new petition with USCIS requesting permission to employ you and extend your stay. You may not commence employment with the new employer until the petition has been approved.

 What about the Family of P-3 Visa Holders?

 Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may obtain P-4 status. Your dependents may not engage in employment, but may attend school or college.

 What about Essential Support Personnel of the P-3 visa holder?

Essential support personnel who are an integral part of the performance of a P- 3 artist or entertainer and who perform support services that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker, are eligible for P-3 classification. Support personnel may include coaches, scouts, trainers and other team officials and referees.

 The U.S. employer must file a separate petition for support personnel.  The petition must include the following documents:

    A consultation from an appropriate labor organization

    A statement describing the support person’s prior and current essentially, critical skills and experience with the P-3 artist or entertainer

    A copy of a written contract between the employer and the support person or a summary of the terms of the oral agreement under which the support person will be employed

Last updated by RHR: 01/06/2016

The Law Offices of Rose H. Robbins represents immigration clients all over the United States and all over the world.  Please call us at: (954) 946-8130 to schedule your free telephone consultation.  This is a FREE consultation and you will not be charged for this call.

You may also fill out the “Contact an Immigration Lawyer” form below for instant delivery to our confidential email system.  The Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will contact you within twenty-four (24) business hours of receipt of this form to discuss your questions. I understand that by submitting this form that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins does not represent me and are are not my attorney and there is no attorney-client relationship by submitting my question or requesting that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins contact me. I understand that the ONLY way that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will represent me is by entering into a written fee agreement/retainer agreement and that this form is not a fee agreement/retainer agreement.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This blog is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Disclaimer : The information provided at this site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or under all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of the Law Offices of  Rose H. Robbins or establish an attorney-client relationship.