What Happens Once My Form I-129F for Fiance Visa is Approved by USCIS?

     Once the petition has been approved, and forwarded to the consulate listed on the petition, you will need to contact the consulate with any questions about the visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate.  The petitioner can also file Form 1-824, Application  for Action  on  an Approved Application  or  Petition, to request that USCIS notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. 

      After approval by the Consulate and issuance of the fiancé visa, the fiancé enters the U.S. based on this visa and will be admitted for ninety (90) days in order to marry the petitioner. After the marriage, the spouse can file for adjustment of status to permanent residence, green card.

     If the petitioner and the fiancé[e) do not marry within these 90 days, status will expire, and he or she will be in violation if he or she does not depart.  An extension cannot be granted. In addition,  the petitioner should inform his or her local USCIS office if he or she determines that the marriage will not take place within the 90 day period.

The Law Offices of Rose H. Robbins represents engaged people  from all over the United States who are seeking to bring their loved one here and marry them.  Please call us at: (954) 946-8130 to schedule your free telephone consultation or send an email to rose <at> roserobbins dot com.  This is a FREE consultation and you will not be charged for this call or email.

You may also fill out the “Contact an Immigration Lawyer” form below for instant delivery to our confidential email system.  The Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will contact you to discuss representation. I understand that by submitting this form that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins does not represent me and are are not my attorney and there is no attorney-client relationship by submitting this form or requesting that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins contact me. I understand that the ONLY way that the Law Office of Rose H. Robbins will represent me is by entering into a written fee agreement/retainer agreement and that this form is not a fee agreement/retainer agreement.

We look forward to hearing from you!