Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet Instructions
What Is the Purpose of This Worksheet?
The attached “Eligibility Worksheet” will help you analyze whether you are eligible to apply for naturalization.
Who Should Complete This Worksheet?
If you are 18 years of age or older and are thinking about applying for naturalization based on your years as a Permanent Resident, you should complete this worksheet.
Who Should Not Use This Worksheet?
- You should not use this worksheet to decide your eligibility to apply if you are:
- Under 18 years of age and want to apply for naturalization based on your parents’ or adopted parents’ citizenship
- A Permanent Resident whose spouse was a U.S. citizen who died while on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Applying for naturalization based on active duty service in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- A spouse of a U.S. citizen who is (a) a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, (b) an employee or contractor of the U.S. Government, (c) an employee of an American institution of research, (d) an employee of an American owned firm, (e) an employee of a public international organization, or (f) a clergy member.
Directions for the Eligibility Worksheet:
- If you have completed the worksheet and you still have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also wish to get advice from an immigration attorney.